The Bathmate is the world's best-selling penis enlargement device. The Hydromax 5 (formally known as X20) is the latest addition to the Bathmate range. The Hydromax 5 has the same great features as the Hydromax 7 (x30) and Hydromx 9 (X40) but is a little smaller, designed for guys whose penis in no longer than 15cm when erect.
The Hydromax 5 generates 35% more suction force than the Hercules. The new Bellows pump system now incorporates a new soft sealing, full support comfort ring to give you reduced pressure and greater comfort around the penis base and testicle region. As an added bonus, it is also removable for ease of cleaning. The new Bellows system also rotates 360 degrees to give you full visual chamber viewing plus inclined angle change option for optimum efficiency when used in the bath or shower.
A new Super Flow Latch Valve system allows for single hand filling in the shower, making using and positioning the hydropump much easier for you. A new metric and imperial guidance scale gives you improved visual viewing area, plus upper and lower texturing on the vacuum tube for better grip and control.
Bathmate claims theHydromax 5:
- Has 35% more suction force than the Hercules model
- Latest design bellows pump with soft seal and 360 degree swivel
- New super flow valve system
- Instant visible results
- Produces hard erections
- Works in the bath, shower or air
- 250% more efficient than air
- Can be used with a penis/constriction ring to help maintain erection for sexual intercourse
Bathmate Quality Assurance
"Hydromax is manufactured in our own factory in the United Kingdom and all parts are made from the highest quality materials and moulded to exacting specifications and tolerances. Hydromax pumps and their component parts undergo rigorous testing in our own test laboratory and are routinely tested to 100,000 usage cycles, equivalent to 3 years normal use. Hydromax and its new design features are protected by world-wide patents, design registrations and trademarks."
Using a Vacumn Pump after a Prostatectomy
- Penile health and improving your chances of regaining sexual function has been the main motivation to sell penis pumps in my clinic and in my online store.
- If you are a beginner pump user you could start with the Hercules and upgrade to the Hydromax 5 or 7 models, if greater suction and function is desired later on. Or simply start with the Hydromax 5 or 7. No problems either way.
- You can use a vacuum pump to help promote blood supply to the penis, maintain the tissue flexibility and ability of the penis to expand and stretch, encourage nerve response. We call this penile health.
- A pump is recommended to be used with viagra or cialis which may help speed up sexual recovery after surgery, speak to your specialist or GP about this medication.
- As a general rule you start pumping 6 weeks after the surgery. This can be done sooner (once the catheter has been removed) but please speak to your specialist or pelvic floor physiotherapist for their recommendations first.
- Starting later than 6 weeks maybe needed if you have had any post-op complications, have tender scarring etc.
- The pump can be used before sexual intercourse to gain an erection and then (if needed) place a constriction ring around the base of the penis to maintain the erection and prevent blood leaving the penic (called venous leakage). Rings work best when there is some natural and spontaneous erectile function in the penis.
Researched evidence for use of Vacumn Pumps after Prostatectomy:
- are highly effective in inducing erections regardless of the cause of erectile dysfunction (ED).
- can be used in the early stages of penile rehabilitation until the nerves have healed sufficiently for drug treatments to work.
- when used early can facilitate earlier sexual intercourse.
- has a greater patient/spousal sexual satisfaction.
- can maintain penis size and length.
- can lead to an earlier return to natural erections.
- have a high satisfaction score and many men continue to use them long-term.
- have a low risk of side effects especially when compared to drug treatments and therefore they have a greater potential to be used by many patients.
- has the potential to mimic more closely natural physiology.
- has shown to be a very cost-effective way of treating ED over the long-term.
It is recommended you gradually build up the frequently and length of time you use the pump for. You should aim to have no discomfort, swelling or pain.
- General guidelines: Use pump 5-7 times/week. Pump and create an erect penis, leave erect in pump for 3-5mins, deflate vacumn pump, wait 1 minute - repeat this 3 times/session.
- Initially the penis may be sensitive after use, many men do not find it comfortable to have sex immediately after using their pump. However this sensitivity should reduce over time.
- STOP PUMPING IF YOU HAVE ANY FORM OF DISCOMFORT, START SLOWLY!
- YOU CAN OVER PUMP! If you start off too aggresively, pump too hard, too quickly, too often and leave it on too long you can cause your penis to become bruised, sore and develop blood blisters (called petechial bleeds from burst small blood vessels). Expect some of these changes in mild forms in the first few weeks but they should resolve.
- Always observe the penis for changes as you pump.
- If you resume sexual intercourse aim to either have sex and/or use the pump atleast 3 times/week. ie. if you have sex once, use the pump twice. If you don't have sex use the pump 3 times etc.
General directions of Use:
Prior to using your Hydromax pump:
- Trim the pubic hair to ensure a good seal around the base of the penis.
- You can apply a small amount of lubricant to the head and base of the penis.
For a Bathmate Water-Based Pumps (without hand-pump)
Warm up by standing under the shower or lying in the bath for a few minutes allowing the scrotum and penis to relax and become soft.
- Massage the penis to encourage blood flow.
- Fit ribbed ring now if going to use during pumping otherwise;
- Fill your Bathmate pump with water and face the open end of the pump upwards making sure the valve at the end of the pump is closed.
- Insert your flaccid or semi-erect penis into the pump and position the pump evenly around the base of the penis whilst the pump is facing downwards.
- Compress the rubber gaiter pump by pressign the pump against your body to expel water from the pump and force any air out by leaning backwards. Hold back the testicles to ensure a comfortable seal before compressing the pump. This can take a bit of practice to get the correct seal.
- Start pumping slowly. You will feel the pressure increase as water is expelled. Repeat this until your penis is fully erect. When your penis is fully erect, you should notice an increase in suction which will hold the pump onto your body.
- To complete your washing in the shower with the pump in the pressurised position place the hands-free shower strap around your neck and pump (optional device, highly recommended).
- When you feel the pressure reducing simply compress the pump again.
- General recommendations for penile health: pump and create erect penis, leave erect in pump for 3-5mins, deflate vacuum pump, wait 1 minute - repeat this 3 times each session.
- Do not use for more than 20mins at one time.
- To remove the pump depress/or click the valve on the end of pump, this will reduce the suction.
- Wash your pump in hot soapy water and rinse off the soap. Rinse your Hydropump upside down with the valve open and be careful to rinse any soap or pubic hair from the valve.
- Dry and store away from direct sunlight.
Alternatively, without using a shower or a bath you can use the Hydropump with a tub/bucket underneath. Simply fill Hydropump with warm water, place over the penis as above and pump, aiming the expelled water into the tub below. Keep following instructions as above.
Hydromax 5 Xtreme and kit
Up to 15cm length
Up to 4.6cm width
Hydromax 7 Xtreme and kit
Up to 18cm length
Up to 4.6cm width
Hydromax 9 Xtreme and kit
Up to 21.5cm length
Up to 5.6cm width
Hercules, Hydromax 5 and 7 are kept in stock.
Xtreme kits are kept in stock but in low numbers. If needed to order in for you, please allow 7-10 days for delivery.
All pumps I sell have a clear cylinder - to ensure good visibilty of the penis while pumping.
to view a video and read information on how Bathmate pumps work
to watch a demonstation video using animation
to read the British Society for Sexual medicine best practice guidelines for vacumn pumps after prostatectomy
It is not safe (is contraindicated) to use a pump if you have a bleeding disorder or on anti-coagulant therapy.
We recommend seeking medical advice before using a pump if you have any of the following medical conditions:
- Bleeding disorders
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Respiratory problems
- Urinary, bladder, testicular or penile problems